Being a business owner is a rather tough and taxing endeavor. You are busy. We are always busy. Perhaps too busy to read up on some books and think, “Hmm, this one looks useful, I should pick this up”. However, any business owner will tell you that you can never know too much. The art of being a successful business owner is never constant since business itself is always evolving.
With the millions of books that are about business, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with your choices. Lucky for you, we have compiled 10 of the best books that every business owner should read.
1. The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself by John Jantsch. One of the best ways to expand your customer base is to have your business’ advocates recommend you to people. This useful will give you everything you need to know about referrals.
2. The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything, by Guy Kawasaki. As the title of the book suggests, this is highly recommended for startups and on how to start anything on a stronger note.
3. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap, & Others Don’t by Jim Collins. Are all businesses entitled to achieve enduring success, even the bad ones? Author Jim Collins answers that on this book. You will learn what makes the top companies tick.
4. Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. This one by Napoleon Hill is an absolute classic, as it is one of the best-selling self-help books of all time. Learn how you can improve your life and business through the power of positive thinking.
5. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Having a successful business means having good relationships. Find techniques on how to enhance both your professional and personal relationships.
6. First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently, by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman. As it turns out, people like to be treated as individuals. Described as the “manifesto of one-to-one management”.
10. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen. We all know that it can be quite challenging to maintain a high level of productivity. If that’s the case with you, then this book is a must-have.